Local action is fundamental to reducing suicide and achieving the suicide prevention objectives.
Each area has a nominated contact who plays a key role in implementing their local plan. Find your local suicide prevention lead.
Local suicide prevention action plans focus on:
- preventing suicide within communities
- improving the capacity of local communities to educate and raise awareness of suicide
- delivering prevention and intervention activities
- providing practical support to those affected by suicide
- involving a range of partners in preventing suicide.
For more information about local action plans in your area, please select your area from the list.
Please note if the action plan is not up to date please contact your local suicide prevention lead.