Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Council have a nominated Choose Life Coordinator who plays a key role in implementing the joint local action plan. Suicide reduction activity in both council areas is in line with the six revised objectives in the National Choose Life Strategy, with objectives 1, 4, 5 and 6 highlighted for local implementation.
1. Identify and intervene to reduce suicidal behaviour in high risk groups.
2. Develop and implement a co-ordinated approach to reduce suicidal behaviour.
3. Ensure interventions to reduce suicidal behaviour are informed by evidence from research and evaluated appropriately.
4. Provide support to those affected by suicidal behaviour.
5. Provide education and training about suicidal behaviour and promote awareness about the help available.
6. Reduce availability and lethality of methods used in suicidal behaviour.
The aim of the Choose Life Steering Group is to contribute to the reduction of suicide in Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire. Read the Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Council Choose Life Steering Group Strategic Plan and Action Plan which sets out how we will achieve our vision as a multi agency group.
The communication plan sets out how the ChooseLife Steering Group in Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen City communicates with stakeholders and reports on its progress.
For more information about Aberdeenshire’s suicide prevention activities, contact the Aberdeenshire Choose Life Co-ordinator - view the full list of Choose Life Co-ordinators' contact details.
0800 83 85 87
08457 90 90 90