Local action plan - Argyll & Bute
Suicide prevention work in Argyll and Bute operates under a service level agreement between Argyll and Bute Council and NHS Highland. It has a full time coordinator, project worker (training) and part time administrator.
It is planned and delivered in line with the refreshed Suicide Prevention National Objectives. Examples of activities undertaken in 2013 / 14 are:
- Continuing to develop strategic multi - agency and multi sectoral links across the population, including tailored approaches to reach, engage and influence specific groups at community level
- Continuing to build links with local and national partners to promote the help available to those affected by suicide
- Further developing partnerships with a broad range of groups across Argyll and Bute
- Expanding the scope and scale of training as well as the audience. Building strategic support to encourage maximum uptake of training
- Continuing to be creative in planning and delivering training to address the needs of a geographically diverse population.
View the Fairpley performance story
View the Citizens Advice performance story
For more information about Argyll & Bute’s suicide prevention activities, contact the Choose Life Co-ordinator for Argyll & Bute - view the full list of Choose Life Co-ordinators' contact details.