Local action plan - East Renfrewshire
Fiona Macdonald is Choose Life Coordinator and supports East Renfrewshire's Community Health and Care Partnership Mental Health Strategy. The vision is that people with mental health problems in East Renfrewshire enjoy equal access to the support they need and that all partners play their part in developing a mentally flourishing community.
Key pieces of work for 2015 - 2016 include:
- Contributing to the development of NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Suicide Prevention Action Plan 2013 - 16 in line with the new strategy
- Working with the local communications and PR team to ensure suicide prevention is integrated as part of mental health media work including Suicide Prevention Week.
- Providing and supporting staff to access appropriate suicide awareness and intervention skills training to improve recognition and effective response to suicide risk, including safeTALK, ASIST and ASIST Tune Up
- Ensuring that suicide prevention is integrated with the alcohol and drugs delivery plan
- Ensuring the suicide and self harm theme is integrated with East Renfrewshire's Children and Young People Mental Health Action Plan in partciular around staff training
For more information about East Renfrewshire’s suicide prevention activities, contact the East Renfrewshire Choose Life Co-ordinator - view the full list of Choose Life Co-ordinators' contact details.