Local action plan - Highland
Highland has a full time coordinator (Keith Walker) who plays a key role in implementing the Highland local action plan.
Choose Life work in Highland is planned and delivered in line with the refreshed Choose Life national objectives, examples include:
- Through the Choose Life Highland website, using technology to make interventions accessible in rural areas
- Working with partners to identify minority groups and establishing a dialogue with them about suicide prevention
- Incorporating locally - based research to inform our action plan and its implementation
- Supporting an promoting organisations with people affected by suicidal behaviour and local crisis services
- Delivering a programme of fully funded suicide prevention courses
- Reviewing the self harm elements of Getting it Right for Children in Distress
- Promoting awareness of the help available locally and nationally, generating publicity by using media targeted to reach high risk groups and to support significant events especially Suicide Prevention Week and the publication of annual suicide data
- Presentations and talks to local groups aimed at reaching high - risk groups either directly or indirectly
- Identifying locations of concern and working with partners to reduce the risk of and opportunity for suicidal behaviour associated with them. This will be informed by the national guidnace on suicides at locations of concern.
View the Highland local area profile
View the Suicide in Remote and Rural Areas National Event performance story
For more information about Highland’s suicide prevention activities, contact the Choose Life Co-ordinator. View the full list of Choose Life Co-ordinators' contact details.