Local action plan - Moray
Suicide prevention activity is led by the Strategic Manager, Health Improvement within Moray Council.
The Moray Suicide Prevention Action Plan seeks to take a broad strategic partnership approach to local suicide prevention through the coordination of all available local resources. Wider representation has been established across various working groups and other partnerships which contribute to suicide prevention in Moray. Working group activities include:
- Marketing, Communications and Community Engagement; awareness - raising, campaigning, development and dissemination of information and knowledge, working with the media and comunity engagement.
- Suicide Prevention Training and Education: delivery, coordination and monitoring of suicide prevention / self - harm, training in ASIST, STORM, SafeTALK, suicideTALK, WRAP and self harm awareness to communities , caregivers and frontline staff across statutory third sector and other services.
- Suicide (inlcuding Self Harm) Data and Evidence: Development and analysis of suicide and self -harm data and information promoting knowledge and understanding of risk and protective factors for suicide and self - harm behaviour, effectiveness of interventions to prevent suicide and suicidal behaviour.
- Self - Harm (non - lethal). Development and implementation of responses to reduce suicidal ideation, repetition, severity and risk of harm associated with self harm.
- Mental Health Arts and Film Festival (short life): Planning and coordination of a Moray mental health arts and film festival - suicide prevention, mental health awareness, tackling stigma and discrimination, promoting therapeutic and wellbeing benefits of the arts for heath.
View the Feel Good Festival Performance Story
For more information about Moray’s suicide prevention activities, contact the Moray Choose Life Co-ordinator - view the full list of Choose Life Co-ordinators' contact details.