Local action plan - Renfrewshire
The suicide prevention team in Renfrewshire consists of a coordinator and a young person's resource worker employed by Renfrewshire Council Social Work Department.
- Raising public awareness through local media coverage, networking, presentations, involvement in events, developing local webpages and community roadshows
- A 'This is for you' card, posters and film to support safe planning with those who are suicidal. This was carried out in partnership with Recovery across Mental Health
- Renfrewshire Mental Health Directory to support workers / community members to acess appropriate support locally and nationally. This was in partnership with Acumen, Recovery across Mental Health and Renfrewshire Carers.
- Suicide and substance misuse research commisisoned in partnership with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Creation of 'On Edge' teaching pack for S2/3 pupils to tackle stigma and reduce myths around self harm in partnership with Choose Life Inverclyde, Choose Life West Dunbartonshire, West Dunbartonshire Council and Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Improvement
- Survivors of Bereavement of Suicide - supporting a local self - help group for those who have been bereaved by suicide.
View the There's no Substitute performance story
View the Memorial Tree Service performance story
For more information about Renfrewshire’s suicide prevention activities, contact the Renfrewshire Choose Life Co-ordinator - view the full list of Choose Life Co-ordinators' contact details.