Local action plan - Scottish Borders
In Scottish Borders, suicide prevention staff are members of the Joint Health Improvement Team in the Public Health Department, located in the headquarters of Scottish Borders.
Examples of key projects in Scottish Borders include:
- Suicide prevention and early intervention within the theme of community planning
- A workplace initiative to establish mental health champions in being embedded in Scottish Borders Council
- Suicide Prevention Awareness Week activities every year: film showings, local marketplace events, suicide talk delivered in local rugby clubs, articles in local press and on ITV Borders. Media work: Radio Borders coverage in SPAW week
- Project work commissioned from the voluntary sector including the development of evidence - based programmes delivered by partners e.g Match Fit
- Discharge pack to a range of mental health service users
- Ad hoc support to range of services: schools. community groups, mental health projects
- Development Work of tailored resources and programmes for schools, for men's groups and for mental health services, prevention planning for the new Borders Railway line and improved awareness and access to support for those who have been bereaved by suicide which include identifying opportunities to offer targeted support as appropriate.
View the Scottish Borders Local Profile
For more information about the Borders’s suicide prevention activities, contact the the Borders Choose Life Co-ordinators - view the full list of Choose Life Co-ordinators' contact details.